2021 HRAF Internship in Honor of Melvin Ember
Application Deadline Extended to April 30, 2021
The Human Relations Area Files (HRAF) at Yale University is pleased to announce a one-year internship in Melvin Ember’s name.
Melvin Ember was President of HRAF from 1987 until his passing in 2009. The intent of the internship is to learn about cross-cultural research through practical experience. Some of the main tasks will be:
- helping Carol Ember prepare modules summarizing cross-cultural research
- read and analyze recent cross-cultural research with the goal of summarizing materials for researchers in Explaining Human Culture
- participating in an on-going cross-cultural research project
The internship will reimburse living expenses in the amount of $415 per week for approximately 50 weeks beginning late August or early September 2021. Travel costs up to $800 will also be reimbursed for a move to and from New Haven. Hours are based on a 37.5 hour week.
Internship candidates must already have the right to work in the United States at the time of application and have (or will have) graduated from college by the beginning of the internship. Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualities:
- plan on graduate study in anthropology or a closely related field (or have already started graduate school)
- ability to perform statistical analyses (with a minimum of one formal statistics course)
- have accomplished academic records particularly in their major field and/or anthropology courses
How To Apply
To apply, send electronic applications (subject line Melvin Ember internship) to Carol R. Ember (email@example.com), President, Human Relations Area Files. The deadline for this application has been extended to April 30, 2021.
For more information, please visit our website.